–Because sometimes, I just like to put really awesome things in my face.–
If you agree with me on this, you need to make this salad. It’s like the perfect summer party for your mouth- cool and refreshing with just a little kick.
I have to give a shout out to my favorite dining spot, Cleveland Heath, for the inspiration on this. They have a similar salad, but top it with an amazing sweet and crispy pork belly that makes you want to punch every other cut of meat in the face because it’s just not the same.
But until I learn how to cook an amazing pork belly, this salad will still make most of my dreams come true. It’s the perfect dish to bring to a summer cookout OR put down on a random Thursday afternoon (or so I’m told….).
Summer Watermelon Salad with Mint & Jalapeno
A cool and refreshing salad with just a little kick.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 1
- Total Time: 80
- 1 Medium Watermelon
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, chopped
- 1 med jalapeno, with seeds and skins removed, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pink salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour and serve cold.
- I think this tastes better on Day 2 or 3 after the flavors have really had a chance to marinate and marry. But it’s also tasty once everything has chilled for at least an hour.
- If you’re following an AIP protocol, remove the pepper and jalapeno. You won’t get the spicy kick, but it will still be cool and refreshing!
- Serving Size: 12
I hope you enjoy this! Let me know how it turns out!