Here in the Midwest, summer seems to desperately be hanging on. Temperatures have dropped a bit, but it’s still huuuumid. And we know that nothing says fall like sweating in your leggings and scarf.
But I’ve basically decided that if I believe hard enough that it’s fall, fall will magically arrive in all it’s magical glory. Sort of a “I think, therefore I am” thing.
Until then, I’m enjoying this Paleo, allergen friendly version of White Chicken Chili. It’s perfect to whip up on a cool day (or one you believe should be cool), cuddle up on the couch, and watch some football.Print
Paleo White Chicken Chili
A sweet and savory addition to your chili line-up
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 50
- Total Time: 65
- 1 Whole Chicken, roasted, de-boned, and chopped (You can use a rotisserie chicken but be sure to save the carcass for broth)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garic, minced
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 red peppers, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 1–2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 4–6 cups chicken broth (I always use more because of the flavor and nutrients.)
- 2 teaspoons Pink Sea or Celtic salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 (14 oz) can full fat coconut milk
- Choice of garnish- Avocaodo, sour cream and cheese for the Primal peeps, jalapenos, anything else that makes your heart happy
- In a soup pot, melt the coconut oil.
- Saute the onions until translucent.
- Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add celery and carrots. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add red peppers, green chilies, and jalapenos. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken meat, chicken broth, and all spices. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- 5 minutes before serving, add the coconut milk and sir. Don’t let the coconut milk come to a boil, or else you will lose the creamy consistency.
- Serve and garnish as you wish.