Food Friday is my weekly homage to my favorite thing on Earth- FOOD! I haven’t always felt this way. I used to view food as the enemy. But no longer! I love food- it helps me meet my performance goals, nourishes my body, and most importantly keeps me healthy so I can make a difference in this crazy world. So every Friday I will be posting about one of my favorite foods. It may be a plant or animal, single ingredient or recipe, or whatever I feel like (hey- it’s my blog afterall).
If there is a particular food you would like me to talk about, recommend it in the comments!
For anyone who knows me, it’s probably borderline shocking that my first Food Friday is about a vegetable. But Kale is probably the one green that I legitimately love.
- Mega Rich is Vitamins A,D,E,K and C
- Chocked full of anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory micronutrients
- Great source of Calcium (Anyone going dairy free will inevitably hear the phrase “But where will you get your calcium?” You can tell them “KALE YO!”)
- Contains essential minerals like copper, potassium, iron, manganese, and phosphorus
- Great source of Fiber (Again, if you’re giving up whole grains see the Calcium comment above.)
How do you feel about Kale? Love it or hate it? If you love it, what is your favorite way to eat it?